My daughter was given this cute pair of dressy sandals some time ago but they were too big for her at the time. She was needing some new shoes and I happened to run across these in the closet! Yay!! Glad I found them before going out shopping. :) They were missing some sequins that had been on the straps across the toe area but otherwise were in great condition.
I decided to give the shoes a new life so I measured the straps and cut some strips of fabric that were double that measurement. Then I made a tube from the fabric and turned it right side out and stitched a basting stitch down the center of the fabric tube to gather the fabric. After gathering I glue the ruffles to the straps on the shoes.
Here is how they turned out. . . I thought they turned out really well and my daughter loves them. . . and thats what matters. :)